8) Do you realize how many things Nancy could get done in Trail of the Twister before she takes the quiz that makes the others show up? Here is my list-
a. At the Farm 1) Finish the filing 2) Do the alarm system chart 3)fix the tv 4) Fix the sprinkler system 5) Fix the corn sensors
b. At Pa’s 1) Get the emergency kit supplies 2)Fix the candy display (get the cheese candy)3Fix Tornado Chart 4)Borrow the mice trap
c. Back at the farm 1) put supplies away 2) use the mice trap to catch the mice in the basement 3)Take the mice to the Spring House
d. Just for fun-Go take photos of the clouds.
9) If Josiah Crowley (Secret of the Old Clock) built his miniature golf course for his on private enjoyment, why did he insist on charging himself to play?
10) Speaking of the Old Clock, do you realize the object that Nancy spends the game looking for is not found in any of the clocks, and the “baddie” has technically nothing to do with that object?
11) In Haunting of Castle Malloy where does Kyler sleep? As far as I can tell the only rooms (that haven’t been destroyed) are 1) the Nursery where Matt is staying 2) the Library, which amazingly was not damaged, and which is where we find Kyler reading, not sleeping 3) the Tower, which you can’t via staircase, unless you have a death wish. 4) The Great hall which is where Kit is sleeping. Ok so where does she sleep?
12) How did the RA in Warnings at Waverly get to be an RA? You never see her, and if you knock on her door you get yelled at. But yet she hands out demerits like candy.
Things I’ve notice about Nancy Drew Games
1) In Shadow at the Water’s Edge, Nancy gets locked in a room. To get out she has to replace colored pieces of what I am assuming is glass. This is a timed puzzle, so if you don’t complete it in the allotted time, “Nancy” gets knocked in the head with a piece of wood. Here ae my questions. 1) Why doesn’t Nancy look up see the piece of wood, and use it to break the door. 2) Nancy barely touched the door in her room earlier and it tore, so why doesn’t this one do the same. 3) Who or what is making the room shake?
2) In Secret of Shadow Ranch, we can see cows in the background, and there is the pink cow food. So when Nancy has to feed everything, why not the cows too? Who feeds the cows? Tex? Dave?
3) Speaking of Dave, what does he do all day, with one exception, all you see Dave do is stand looking at the chickens? He doesn’t even fix the coop, Nancy has to do that.
4) In Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, Nancy spends the first part of the game finding Lori. Later in the game it is revealed how Lori pulled her vanishing act. 1) Why didn’t Nancy start looking for her, by looking around the area from where she vanished? 2) I understand why Charlena isn’t concerned about Lori’s disappearance but the others who claim to be looking are doing nothing. Hey Hardy Boys, you’re not going to find her by looking at those old books. You’re supposed to be ace detectives, get with the program.
5) Here is a spoiler of sorts-In the Final Scene, when you hear the kidnapper; you can tell who the kidnapper is. Maybe not if you are playing it for the first time, but if not listen closely, it is very obvious.
6) In Danger on Deception Island, at the Hot Kettle Café, Jenna offers you clam chowder, but you can also get a blueberry muffin. However if you chose the chowder first, the muffin option goes away, but if you chose the muffin first, you get to choose both for the rest of the game. At least this has been my experience.
7) Why doesn’t Nancy eat in White Wolf of Icicle Creek? She cooks for everyone else but never fixes herself anything. No wonder she has really weird dreams.
#artdeco, #ghostdogsofmoonlake, #HerInteractive, #NancyDrew, #roaringtwenties, home, home decor, interior, interior decorating, interior design, interiors, polyvore, Pottery Barn, Tribecca Home, vintage
#HerInteractive, #NancyDrew, #sonnyjoon, CB2, Dot & Bo, Global Views, home, home decor, homedecor, homedesign, homeset, interior, interior decorating, interior design, interiors, NOVICA, polyvore, Safavieh, Stray Dog Designs
1) Who puts the towels back in the rooms? Wouldn’t that be Nancy’s job as the maid?
2) Is the bathroom unisex? or is there more to it?
3) What is up with those pine cones? They look more like Trapper Dan carved them, than natural ones. But who knows maybe he did.
4) Nancy and Freddie have similar voices…but that’s because they’re voiced by the same person.
5) Why couldn’t they have put a glitch in the fox and geese game? I love playing the game up until that point and then I hate it.
6) Why doesn’t Nancy have towels in her room?
7) I wish making a bed was that easy.
8) Chantal doesn’t have any faith in her own judgement. After all she “hires” Nancy (for free) and then turns around and hires (ahem with pay and behind Nancy’s back) Tino.
9) Why doesn’t Nancy eat anything? She cooks all three meals, but she never eats. Other games she does. Apparently Sonny Joon has never been to this place.
1) While the train is moving Nancy has to go from car to car to get from the front car to caboose. So why does she have to continue to do this when the train is stopped?
2) Why doesn’t Nancy just look around the area where Lori disappeared from? (Spoiler here-Lori’s disappearance is only tiny part of the game). Nancy could have found her a lot faster if she had.
3) So while Nancy is “running” around actively looking for Lori, no one else seems to be doing anything to help…not even the Hardy Boys. Uh, Frank..Joe, I don’t think reading old copies Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer are going to help find her.
4) Fatima, take off that costume… you look ridiculous.
5) Who is the mysterious person who looks in on the group at the beginning? The engineer is “driving” the train. Isn’t he?
6) Are the colored lizards real or fake? It just seems that the stayed in the same place for years, without moving or losing their color.
Here are some of my observations playing Nancy Drew “Secret of Shadow Ranch”
1) Where does Nancy or anyone for that matter sleep? Nancy can’t go out the front door, and there is no way to walk around the house from the back. So where are the sleeping quarters?
2) What kind of stove is Shorty cooking on? On one hand it looks like a giant old wood cook stove but there is no place for the wood, or for the smoke to go. One the other if is an electric (as is implied) then where are the knobs etc.
3) Why doesn’t Nancy have to feed the cows? I mean she has to feed everything else.
4) How does Tex think riding around in circles answering his questions about horses, while he pretends he’s Jesse James, help Nancy become a better rider?
5) What exactly is Dave doing at the chicken coop? He seems to be standing there looking a chickens, except the chickens are all inside.
6) Dirk Valentine was an outlaw, but what what did he do? Rob banks, trains…what?
7) When Nancy is out riding to and from the ranch she sees the exact same scenery going both ways.
Well I’ve solved another mystery. I thought this one would take longer than it did. In fact I ended up solving 2 mysteries, one by default. I found out that Joy’s father had hid the carousel horse, she thought had been destroyed. Joy blamed herself for her mother’s death. So she tore up all her photos, and blamed the carousel horse for her death. Anyway I found the horse, but when I opened the door to leave (I couldn’t leave the way I came, steps had fallen in) there stood the culprit. Thanks to some quick thinking, and flashy jewelry, I got away and baddie was captured.
Anyway I’m on my way home. Hannah says some guy (not Ned nor F & J) keeps calling me. Something about salad slicers and nails. She wasn’t really sure…. Hmmm.
How do I get my self into these messes. I’m supposed to be solving the mystery of the haunted carousel, and yet I find my self helping Joy find her long lost childhood. To do this so far, I’ve had to east ice cream (ok I’m not complaining about that), play this game called Barnacle Blast, the first twenty times it was fun, but it’s starting to get annoying.
I did finally manage to call Tink. He’s the guy that operates the carousel. Unfortunately he’s off fishing and isn’t going be that much help. Oh well back to Barnacle Blast.